Friday, August 24, 2007

My Friend of Catalan

Monteripido, August, 24th 2007


The Italian course will be finished immediately. Nevertheles, I still study hard for improving my Italian. I realize that it’s not enough to me to master Italian language for two months. I think only the angel who can masters all language in short time. And I’m not the angel, right? In fact, my Italian language is not still good until now. Speaking Italian to Italian people is the same as well. I cannot speak fluently. In my mind, actually I can speak Italian well. In practical application, however, it seems that italian words is difficult to go out from my mouth. I do not know why? But, I won’t be worry because I believe that all things need a process. Surely, I need more to exercise Italian continually.
By the way, there is an interesting experience regarding my Italian course. If someone learns the other language, usually he would looking for native speaker who can help him in speaking. My experience is different. Actually, someone who have helped me to dare in speaking Italian is not Italian people. In contrary, she is a Catalan girl, called Marta. When I met her in the first time, I never guess at all that she would become my friend in the second period of the course in Perugia. And I don’t mind that I can practice my Italian because of her. But, as long as time was going on, I just realized that may be, she was an angel that God have sent to me to have confident to speak Italian.
In fact, everyday I was always standing beside her. In the class, I sat down beside her. In the pause time of every lesson, I came out of the class with her and smoke together in front of Palazio Prosciutti. Of course, we speak Italian. I know that she was better of me. It’s true because she was Catalan that her mother tongue was closely to Italian language. But, sometimes I saw that when she was speaking Italian, there were some wrong grammar used by her. It doesn’t matter, does it?
I like her so much. Because of her, my life in Perugia was not a boring life. In other words, she has got up my courage. I like her because she was smart. And we were interested in the same discipline, that is language. Unfortunately, I have to leave her and go to Rome, and she must go back to Barcelona for continuing her study. It’s sadly moment. But, I thank to God because in my life, He have give an occasion to meet her though it’s only for one month. I would remember her as a part of my path in learning Italian. Marta Font Catalanessa.

No comments: